Sunday, October 3, 2010

NEW YORK TIMES- SCIENCE 10.03.2010

THE BP-SPILL BABY TURTLE BRIGADE
By JON MOOALLEM

Personally, I know nothing about the biology of turtles. I only opened this article on the basis of how cute I think they are and the curiosity of why they were walking in brigades.

INFORMATIVE:
What I came to learn, was a very informative explanation of the loggerhead nesting season as a precursor to why they were 'brigading' and what BP had to do with it. If I hadn't had a background check on the nesting of turtles- I wouldn't understand the measures the US. Fish & Wildlife services were taking to save them from the oil spill.

TOO LONG:
This article was six pages long. It covered a variety of angles regarding the issue but for the standard newspaper reader- I think it was a bit overwhelming.


No comments:

Post a Comment