Tuesday, October 12, 2010

TIME MAGAZINE- TECHNOLOGY 10.12.2010


A FIVE-STEP PROGRAM FOR FACEBOOK HAPPINESS

By HARRY McCRACKEN

CREATING A LIST:

I'm really into the bolded and numbered list way of writing a step by step article rather than flowing it all into a paper. I'm the type of reader that tends to scan over so having those big bold bullets lets me decide if it is interesting enough to read on below. Typically, I do!


BIAS TONE:

By the way the author talks about Facebook in the introduction, it seems as if they are very bias against it. They call it 'an occasional headache', 'confusing', 'ticking off users' and 'spammy'. Initially, I thought the article was to point out the good things Facebook can provide. Maybe he is trying to bring up the opposite perspective before he explains the objective of the article but It just falsely sets the tone.


USE OF LINKS:

I like how he includes links to things that he explains. These links lead to photos and further explanations that trigger the interest to read on.



No comments:

Post a Comment